Yakisoba Vegie Omelette
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
With eggs, noodles and vegies, you can’t go wrong
- 270g Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba, cooked as per pack instruction
- 8 eggs
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm knob of ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 800g mixed stir-fry vegetables; e.g.: carrot, green beans, capsicum, onion, broccoli, sugar snap peas, mushrooms,
- 1 tbsp tonkatsu sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Prepare Yakisoba as per pack instruction. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, spring onions, sugar and soy sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a wok on high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add mixed vegetables, tonkatsu sauce and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are bright in colour and just tender. Add to bowl with Yakisoba and gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of the vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add quarter of the egg mix, swirling around to spread the mixture. Cook for half a minute or until just set.
- Place quarter of the vegie/Yakisoba mixture on one half of the omelette. Cook for a further minute or so until the egg is set. Fold the empty half of the omelette over the filling and slide onto a warmed plate. Cover and keep warm while using the remaining egg mixture and vegie/Yakisoba filling to make three more omelettes. Serve.