SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
The ultimate left-overs recipe
- 180g Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba (2 bundles)
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 200g cabbage, shredded
- 100g carrot, shredded
- 100g marinara mix
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise
- Tonkatsu sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Bonito flakes
- Extra spring onion for garnish, thinly sliced
- Steamed vegies, to serve on the side
1. Prepare Yakisoba as per packet directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well and add eggs and soy sauce. Stir until smooth.
3. Add cabbage, carrot, spring onions, marinara mix and Yakisoba, gently mixing to combine.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan to a medium heat. Place half of the noodle mix into the pan, flattening it down to create a large flat pancake, about 1.5cm thick. Cook the pancake on one side for around 4 minutes or until the base is a golden colour and set through.
5. Flip the pancake over by sliding it carefully onto a plate. Turn the frying pan over to cover the uncooked top and carefully flip the pan and plate over so that the uncooked side is now against the base of the pan. Cook for a further 3 minutes or until done. Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm while you repeat with the remainder of the olive oil and noodle mix.
6. Drizzle with tonkatsu sauce and Kewpie mayonnaise. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and extra spring onion. Serve with steamed vegies.