Yabbies & Noodles in Lime Butter Cream
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy
Yabbies from your own pond make this tast amazing!
1 packet Hakubaku Ramen noodles
1 kg fresh live yabbies,- cleaned and halved, shell on
2 cloves garlic
3cm piece ginger, fresh
2 small red chillies
3 limes, juice and zest
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/3 tsp fenugreek
1 punnet cherry tomatoes (halved if large)
to taste salt and pepper
1. Place in a mortar and pestle and pound into a paste – garlic, ginger, chillies and a little salt.
2. Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add paste and saute until aromas are released.
3. Add juice, zest, fish sauce, fenugreek and tomatoes and bring to the boil.
4. Add yabbies, stir and cook until opaque (only a couple of minutes).
5. Add cream (optional), salt and petter to taste.
6. Refresh Hakubaku Organic Ramen noodles in a little hot water, drain and add to pan.
7. Serve garnished with a little corriander.