SERVES: 3 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
Hearty street food – cooked at home
- 20 ml Soy sauce
- 15 ml Mirin
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 270g Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 g Savoy Cabbage, dice cut
- 400 g Bean shoots
- 250 g Garlic chives, 3 cm length cut
- 8 Shitake Mushroom, sliced
- 200g Carrot, 3 cm length slices julienned
- 1 Red Capsicum, sliced
- Beni Shoga (Red Pickled Ginger), to taste
- Ao Nori (Dried Seaweed Flakes), to taste
- Prepare the Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba as per pack instructions, drain and set aside.
- On high heat, add oil to a wok. Add cabbage, carrot and capsicum and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add in bean shoots, garlic chives and shitake mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add in Yakisoba noodles and toss to combine.
- Season well with salt and pepper, give it a couple of tosses and cook until the noodles are hot and the vegetables are cooked but still have a crunch.
- Add soy sauce and mirin, toss a few more times to combine all, then divide between 3 plates, topping with beni shoga and sprinkle of ao nori on top.