Style: Hot Dishes, Japaneasy, Salad
270g Hakubaku Organic Udon
3 tbsp soy sauce
juice and grated rind of 1 lime
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp wasabi (or to taste)
600g piece of tuna, cut into 2cm cubes
6 spring onions, cut in 3cm lengths
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
8 bamboo skewers, pre-soaked
Udon with Fish Kebabs
- Preheat grill, or heat lightly-oiled frying pan.
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, rind, brown sugar, garlic and wasabi. Add the tuna cubes, coating all sides well. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Prepare Udon as per packet directions. Drain, rinse and set aside
- Thread the tuna on the skewers alternating with the tomato halves and spring onions. Reserve leftover marinade.
- Barbecue or pan-fry kebabs for 5 to 10 minutes, turn and baste as required.
- Refresh Udon in boiling water, drain and place on plates. Place two kebabs on each plate and drizzle with remaining marinade.
Note: Also works well with any firm white fish