Udon Salad with Chicken and Broccolini
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
Fresh, bright green broccolini to delight your tastebuds
270g Hakubaku Organic Udon
600g chicken breast
2 bunches broccolini
400g frozen edamame
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup (80ml) mirin
2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp grated ginger
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan to medium heat. Add chicken and gently cook for 8-10 minutes each side until cooked through. Set aside and when cool enough to handle, shred the chicken.
- Meanwhile, prepare Udon as to the packet directions, adding the edamame in for the last two minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside in a large bowl.
- Cook broccolini in boiling water with a pinch of salt for 2-3 minutes until it is just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water and chop into thirds and place in with the Udon.
- Add the shredded chicken and spring onions to the Udon and veggies.
- In a small jar, combine mirin, tamari, sesame oil and ginger. Give a good shake then pour over the Udon mixture. Stir gently to combine, then serve.