Udon Noodle Salad with Avocado & Sesame Seed Crusted Salmon
SERVES: 3 DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 270g Hakubaku Udon Noodles
- 3 x 180g salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- oil for frying
- 1 small red onion (finely sliced)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp mint leaves (shredded) + extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 11/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Coat skin side of salmon fillets with sesame seeds.
- Heat enough oil to cover base of fry-pan on a medium-high heat. Cook salmon fillets, sesame seed side down, for 1 to 2 mins until golden brown.
- Gently turn and cook other side for about 1 min then remove. Slice while still warm into 1cm wide strips.
- In a bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Meanwhile cook Udon Noodles as per packet instructions.
- Add noodles, onion and mint leaves to the dressing and toss well.
- To serve, top with sliced salmon and avocado. Scatter over reserved mint leaves.