Udon Chicken Soup
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy COOKING TIME: 20
Winter warming at it’s best!
270g Hakubaku Organic Udon
4 cups water
40g miso paste
1 tbsp olive oil
200g chicken tenderloins, thinly sliced diagonally
1 tbsp cornflour
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 carrot, julienned
1 cup bean sprouts
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Prepare Udon as per packet directions, drain and set aside.
- In a second saucepan, boil 4 cups of water. Add miso paste and stir well. Keep warm.
- Beat egg lightly and add cornflour. Add chicken slices and coat well. Heat a oil in wok, add garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken slices and stir-fry for about 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Add carrot and stir-fry for about 1 minute, followed by the soy sauce and bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Briefly reheat Udon by plunging into boiling water. Drain and divide between four bowls. Ladle the miso broth over the Udon, place chicken and vegetables on top. Garnish with spring onions.