Tuna Vegie Yakisoba
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
A can of tuna and a few vegies work wonders with Yakisoba
- 270 g Hakubaku Organic Yakisoba
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 450g canned tuna, drained
- 1 red capsicum, cored, large dice
- 200 g cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup green peas, frozen
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 60ml Yakisoba sauce
- Spring onions, sliced, / garlic chives / shiso leaves
- Cook Yakisoba as per packet directions. Drain. Set aside
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan and add capsicum and carrot. Cook gently for 1 minute then add mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add sauce, tuna, peas and corn and cook for a further 5 minutes, gently stirring occasionally.
- In a small frying pan, heat 1 tsp vegetable oil on high and add a quarter of the noodles. Form into a disc. Do not stir but let the noodles fry. When the bottom is browned, slide onto a plate and flip back over into the frying pan. Add a little more oil if required. Make 4.
- Place noodles on four plates. Top with tuna vegetable mixture and your preferred garnish.