Tuna Salad with warm Green Tea Noodles
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 6 minutes
A lovely warm salad to welcome friends and grace the table
- 100g Snow peas (trimmed & chopped)
- 379g Tuna in oil (drained)
- 200g Hakubaku chasoba noodles (green tea)
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tsp Ginger (grated)
- 50g Mixed salad leaves
- Toasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- Blanch snow peas in boiling water for 30 seconds and refresh in iced water.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and keep warm. Set aside.
- Combine Mirin, tamari, lemon juice, sesame oil, light soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and ginger in a small bowl, or shaker jar, and set aside.
- Combine warm noodles, snow peas, tuna and salad leaves in a large serving bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.