Toshikoshi Soba Soup
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
A simple soup that encourages you to cut out the difficulties of the old year and invites good luck for the upcoming year. Enjoy it in good health!
• 270g Hakubaku Organic Soba
• 1.5L dashi
• 2 tbsp sake
• 2 tbsp mirin
• 1 tsp caster sugar
• 2 tbsp soy sauce (or to taste)
• Soft boiled eggs, halved
• Grated daikon
• Spring onions, thinly sliced
• Inariage (fried tofu)
• Wakame (rehydrated)
1. Add all soup ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Prepare Hakubaku Organic Soba as per packet directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
3. Prepare your toppings. Slice inari diagonally.
4. Refresh Soba and divide between 4 bowls. Cover with soup and add your choice of toppings.
5. Serve sprinkled with togarashi.