Sweet and Sour Ramen Noodles
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy
270g Hakubaku Organic Ramen noodles
1 green capsicum, sliced
1 red capsicum, sliced
8 shitake mushrooms, reconstituted, sliced
1 carrot, julienned
1 cup French beans, sliced diagonally
1/2 can baby corn, sliced diagonally
2 tsp potato starch or cornflour
2 tbs vinegar
1 tbs tomato paste
1 tsp sesame oil
450g can chopped pineapple pieces
2 vegetable stock cubes
350g piece Chinese barbecue pork (char siu), shredded
1. Cook ramen noodles in a pot of boiling water. Drain and set aside.
2. Put 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok over medium heat. Add capsicum, carrot, beans, barbecue pork and mushrooms. Stir fry for 5 minutes
3. Add noodles to wok and stir fry for another 2 minutes
4. Add corn to noodles in wok
5. In a bowl, mix together potato starch, tomato paste, stock cubes, oil, vinegar and undrained pineapple. Stir together until combined and stock cubes have dissolved. You may need to heat it a little, on a stove or microwave.
6. Once sauce has combined and of consistency, pour the sauce with pineapple on the noodles in wok.
7. Stir fry noodles until mixture boils and sauce thickens.
8. Serve at once.