Somen, Zucchini & Potato Frittatas
SERVES: 12 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 25 minutes
For when you don’t feel like slurping your noodles
- 270g Hakubaku Organic Somen noodles
- Olive oil spray
- 6-7 eggs, lightly whisked (depends on size)
- 125 ml low fat milk
- 1 small potato or sweet potato, peeled, grated, excess liquid squeezed
- 1 zucchini, grated, excess liquid squeezed
- handful spinach
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray twelve 1/2 cup (125ml) muffin pans with the oil to grease.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain well.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk until combined.
- Combine the noodles, potato, zucchini, spinach and parsley. Divide mixture evenly into the muffin pans.
- Carefully pour over egg mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set and golden.
- Set aside to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- May be eaten hot or cold.
- Humus or sour cream make great dips for these frittatas.
* Other vegetables may be added. eg peas, grated carrot.
* Children love these as mini muffins as well.
* May also be cooked as a slice.