Somen Stir-Fry with Prawns and Spinach
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
A few prawns with some fresh veggies are all you need for this simple stir fry
270g Hakubaku Organic Somen
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 red capsicum, sliced
1 carrot, sliced diagonally
2 tsp ginger, grated
750g raw prawns, peeled (leave tails on)
100g baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
- Prepare Somen as per packet directions, rinse, drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wok on high heat. Gently stir-fry onion, capsicum and carrot until softened. Add in ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add prawns to wok and cook for 4-5 minutes until prawns are cooked and lightly golden.
- Add spinach, Somen and soy sauce and mirin to wok. Gently stir to combine until spinach is wilted.
- Divide between 4 bowls and drizzle sesame oil sparingly over.
Serve and enjoy.