Soba with Sticky Chicken wings
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy COOKING TIME: 30
Sticky sesame chicken wings are child’s play!
- 270g Hakubaku Organic Soba
- 375ml soy sauce
- 375ml water
- 3cm piece of ginger, sliced
- 1 cup of brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 150g snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 carrot, in matchsticks
- 3 spring onions, sliced thinly (one for garnish)
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (one for garnish)
- Combine soy sauce, water, ginger slices, brown sugar and white pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add chicken wings, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until wings are cooked.
- Remove wings from pan and reserve one cup of the liquid.
- Prepare Soba as per packet direction. Drain, rinse and place in a large bowl.
- Add snow peas, red capsicum, carrot, spring onions, sesame seeds and reserved liquid. Toss to combine.
- Divide noodles between four bowls and top with sticky chicken wings. Garnish with extra spring onion and sesame seeds.