Simple Pork Ramen
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
My new favourite dish – so savoury and delicious!
270g Hakubaku Organic Ramen
3 tbsp canola oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup white miso paste
4 cups chicken stock
2cm piece of ginger, grated
500g pork mince
2 tsp S&B Japanese style chilli paste
2 tbsp sake
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp hot chilli oil
4 eggs, soft boiled (approx. 7 minutes)
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Nori and extra spring onions for garnish
1. Place 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and spring onions and fry gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring often until softened. Add miso paste and chicken stock and bring to boil. Turn down and let the broth simmer.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add ginger and stir for 1 minute until fragrant. Add pork mince, breaking up any lumps while frying for 8 minutes, or until cooked. Add chilli paste and stir through.
3. To the broth add sake, soy sauce, sesame and chilli oils.
4. Prepare Ramen as per packet directions. Divide broth between 4 warm bowls. Add Ramen and pork mince.
5. Garnish with halved eggs, sesame seeds, nori and sliced spring onions, and serve.