Scallop & Zucchini Somen Salad
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
Something bright and fresh to grace the table
- 270g Hakubaku Organic Somen
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 300g scallops (if frozen, thaw first and pat dry)
- 1 medium diced zucchini
- 150g edamame
- 2 cups rocket
- 2 spring onion, white section finely sliced
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 tsp Yuzu Kosho
- ¼ tsp togarashi
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- juice of one lime
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- spring onion – green section, sliced diagonally
- Whisk together in a small bowl, 2 Tbs. oil, soy sauce, yuzu kosho, togarashi, brown sugar and lime juice. Set dressing aside.
- Prepare Somen as per packet directions. Drain, rinse and set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in a fry-pan over medium-high. Add scallops and sear for about 2 minutes each side. Season with salt and pepper. If the scallops release a lot of water, carefully drain off and continue pan-frying. Remove scallops from pan and set aside.
- Add diced zucchini and sliced spring onion whites to the pan and sauté until browned.
- Add the dressing to the Somen and toss to combine. Add edamame, zucchini and spring onion, rocket and scallops; toss to combine.
- Divide the noodle dish among four bowls and garnish with sliced spring onions. Sprinkle with togarashi and serve.