Prawn, Red Cabbage, Zucchini & Ramen Stir-Fry
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Medium
Just look at the prawns and the swirls of Ramen – simply gorgeous!
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp grape seed oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small brown onion, cut into wedges
400 g prawns, peeled, & heads removed
1 medium zucchini, cut into 2 cm lengths
100 g green beans cut into 2 cm lengths
150 g red cabbage, shredded
2 spring onions, cut into 2 cm lengths
270 g Hakubaku Organic Ramen Noodles
2 tbsps soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sugar
½ tbsp grated ginger
3 spring onions, chopped
Toasted sesame seeds
Prep Time 20 mins Cook Time 10 mins
1. Stir-fry sauce: whisk all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
2. Heat the sesame & grape seed oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add onion & garlic, cook
for 1 min until softened, then add prawns & half of the stir-fry sauce. Cook for 2 mins or until the
prawns are cooked through. Remove prawns from the wok & set aside in a large bowl.
3. Return the wok to the heat, add zucchini, beans, cabbage, spring onion & remaining
sauce. Stir-fry for 1-2 mins, until vegetables are coated in sauce & cooked, but still crunchy.
Return prawns to the wok & toss together well.
4. Prepare ramen as per pack instructions, add to the wok and toss well.
5. Divide stir-fry between 4 bowls. Garnish with spring onions & sesame seeds, if desired.