Pork Bone Style Ramen (Tonkotsu Fu Ramen)
SERVES: 3 DIFFICULTY: Easy COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
aromatic, savoury, colourfully elegant, comfort food – all words to describe this delicious dish
270g Hakubaku Organic Ramen
12g chicken powder
100g pork fat (roughly cut)
80g white miso paste
Beni Shoga (red pickled ginger)
Soft boiled egg (halved)
Spring onion (sliced)
Pickled Kikuage (wood ear mushrooms; sliced)
To Make Soup
1. Place all soup ingredients in a pot and bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 15-20 mins.
3. Cool to room temperature, then blend in food blender until smooth.
4. Cook noodles by following the instructions on the package. Drain and place in bowl.
5. Heat the soup in a pot to boiling temperature, ladle over the noodles.
6. Top with pork slices, bamboo pickles, egg, wood ear mushrooms and garnish with spring onion and red pickled ginger.