Peppery Pork Udon
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
Flavour galore to be had with this dish
• 270g Hakubaku Organic Udon
• 1 litre Dashi (or chicken stock)
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 500g pork mince
• 2cm piece of ginger, finely grated
• 1 tsp togarashi (chilli pepper)
• 225gm can of bamboo, julienned
• 60ml soy sauce
• 60ml mirin
• ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
• Garnish suggestions
Spring onions, finely sliced
1. Prepare Udon as per packet directions. Drain, rinse, drain again and set aside.
2. Bring dashi to boil, turn down the heat and simmer gently.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a wok on high heat. Add pork and ginger in batches, stir-frying for 1-2 minutes until browned. Place all pork back in the wok and add togarashi, bamboo, soy sauce, mirin and pepper, mixing through until the liquid reduces to half.
4. Refresh Udon in boiling water, drain and divide between four bowls. Pour stock over noodles and top with pork mixture. Garnish with coriander and spring onions and drizzle with soy sauce.