Marinated Tofu with Udon
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
You will need to give yourself a couple of hours of marinating time to best enjoy this dish.
- 270g Hakubaku Organic Udon
- 400g firm tofu / pressed tofu
- 1/2 cup of garlic chives, chopped roughly
- extra olive oil if required
- 100ml rice vinegar
- 60ml light soy sauce
- 40ml dark soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp Yuzu kosho, or other chilli paste
- Combine all marinade in a bowl, mixing well.
- Slice tofu into bite-sized triangles and place in ziplock bag with marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare Udon as per packet directions. Drain, rinse, drain again and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to a high heat, add tofu and reserve marinade. Pan fry tofu for 3-4 minutes on each side our until browned. Use extra olive oil if required.
- When tofu is cooked, add garlic chives and Udon to the pan. Add a splash of the marinade to the pan and toss to combine.
- When the noodles are heated through, divide between 4 bowls and serve.