200g of Cha Soba (1 packet)
1 sheet of roasted seaweed (shredded)
1 cucumber (julienned)
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
3 slices of leg ham (julienned)
200g Men-tsuyu sauce (store bought, or follow recipe below)
90ml light soy
3 tsp dashi
3 tsp white sugar
Lina’s Mum’s Hiyashi Chuka – Merit Autumn 2016
1. Follow packet instructions to cook soba noodles.
2. To make the tomago (shredded egg crepe), whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt.
3. Add oil to a frypan on medium heat, then pour the mixture in, spreading it thinly to make a crepe.
When cool, slice into very thin strips.
4. To serve, add soba, egg, ham and cucumber to your bowl.
5. Pour sauce then add shredded nori on top. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.