1 packet Hakubaku Organic Ramen noodles
1 stick celery, sliced
2 tomatoes, quartered
4 pieces soft tofu, halved
1/2 can baby corn, or (fresh if available)
1/2 can straw mushrooms
4 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
1 chicken brest fille, sliced
4 tbsp tamerind paste
to taste chillies
1 cup beansprouts
Hot & Sour Soup with Ramen
1. Cook ramen according to packet instructions and divide the cooked ramen into four bowls.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan. Add garlic and cook until it turns light brown, just for the taste.
3. Add 1 1/2 or 2 litres water to the pan and bring to the boil.
4. When water boils, add chicken pieces and let boil for 2 minutes.
5. Add tamarind paste and chilli and stir well. Cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Add celery and baby corn and mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
7. Lastly, add tomatoes and tofu and cook until tomatoes are soft and all the vegetables are soft and tender.
8. Finally, add chopped basil, stir well and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
9. Ladle soup into bowls of ramen, dividing the vegetables evenly.
10. Serve hot with beansprouts scattered on top. Serves 4.