90g Hakubaku Somen noodles (cooked)
16 Scallops in half shell
½ cup Daikon (sliced into matchsticks 4 cm long and very thin)
3 tbsp Unsalted butter
16 Coriander sprigs
Cold noodle sauce
1 cup Dashi
1/3 cup Mirin
1/3 cup Dark soy
2 tbsp Chopped dried shrimp
Grilled scallops with daikon and cold Somen noodle sauce
1. Carefully remove the scallops from the half shells. Set the scallops aside and boil the shells for 1 minute. Dry and lay out onto 4 plates.
2. To make the sauce, bring to a boil the dashi, Mirin, soy and chopped shrimp, turn down and simmer for 6 minutes. Strain and cool.
3. Place a small amount of the Somen noodles onto each scallop shell and top with a little of the finely cut daikon.
4. Place the butter into a pre-heated grill pan. When it starts to foam, add the scallops and cook each side for 1 minute.
5. Place a scallop onto each shell, spoon some of the cold sauce over each and finish with a coriander sprig.