Green bean and Tomato Soba noodle Salad
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Medium
Quick VEGAN Soba noodle salad using fresh ingredients that are full of flavour and nutrients
180g Hakubaku Organic Soba
3 cups green beans, trimmed and halved
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
3 Kumato (or other) tomatoes, sliced
1 cup spinach leaves
1 red onion, sliced
1 fresh chilli, finely sliced (seeds removed if preferred).
mixed fresh herbs (mint, parsley, oregano), roughly chopped
1 tbs sesame seeds
1 tbs olive oil
1 fresh lemon
1/2 Lime plus extra for garnish
hard tofu, sliced and lightly pan-fried to serve
- Prepare Hakubaku Organic Soba as per packet directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Place green beans in a pot of boiling water. Add salt if preferred. Boil for 3-5 minutes, then drain and plunge into an ice bath to stop cooking and cool. Drain and add to the bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes, kumatos, spinach, red onion, chilli and fresh herbs to the bowl and gently combine.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice and black pepper in a small jar and shake well. Drizzle over the salad and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Divide between 4 serving bowls and serve with slices of hard tofu and lime slice for garnish.