Ginger Chicken Yaki Udon
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
Ginger and chicken work so well together
- 270g Hakubaku Organic Udon
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 200g cabbage, finely sliced
- 25g ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (de-seed if preferred)
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 100g bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- small handful of garlic chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp beni shoga
- Prepare Udon as per packet directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat and, once hot, add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage and stir-fry for 5-7 mins. Add ginger and chilli, mix through and cook until fragrant.
- Add Udon, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and mirin, stir through and fry for another 1-2 mins.
- Season, divide between four bowls and garnish with garlic chives and beni shoga, and serve.