Duck and Udon Noodle Soup
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy
Delectable baked duck makes a meal fit for a king.
270g Hakubaku Organic Udon noodles
1.5L chicken stock, good quality
3 star anise
6 spring onions, finely sliced
1 tspn vegetable oil
4 duck breasts
1 tbsp Chinese 5 spice
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Rub Chinese 5 spice equally among the duck breasts. In a hot, non stick frying heat oil and sear duck breast, skin side down for 3 minutes, turn and cook for a further 1 minute.
3. Remove duck breast from pan and place on a baking tray in the oven for 6 minutes. Rest for 3 minutes. Slice.
4. Meanwhile bring stock, star anise and spring onions to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. In another large pot, boil water and cook noodles for 4 minutes. Drain and divide among 4 bowls.
6. Remove star anise from stock and add stock to noodles. Place sliced duck on top of noodles and serve.