180g Hakubaku Soba noodles
1 small Wombok (Chinese cabbage, shredded)
5cm piece Daikon (white radish, julienned)
½ bunch Fresh chives (cut into 4cm pieces)
2 stalks Spring onions (finely sliced, diagonally)
1-2 tbsp Olive oil
6 Swiss brown mushrooms (sliced)
Sea salt and black pepper (for seasoning)
180g Pressed silken Tofu (sliced)
4cm piece Fresh ginger (julienned)
3 tbsp Sesame seeds (toasted)
4 tbsp Soy sauce
4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
2 tsp Raw sugar
Crisp Salad with Mushrooms, Tofu and Soba Noodles
1. Cook Soba noodles according to packet instructions. Drain, then refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Set aside
2. Prepare dressing in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, raw sugar and extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the Wombok, Daikon, chives and spring onions. Toss gently. Set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a wok or frying pan, over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and season well. Cook until tender. Add the tofu and cook for 1 minute. Add ginger then remove from heat.
5. Divide the Soba noodles onto 2 serving plates. Top with salad mixture. Place mushroom and tofu mixture on top. Spoon over dressing.