2 bundles Hakubaku Organic Ramen noodles
1 chicken breast
1 Lt chicken stock
3 tbs peanut oil (or sesame oil)
40ml rice wine vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs chilli oil
3 shallots, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 carrot, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped (or hotter if you prefer)
1/4 red capsicum, sliced
coriander, salt and peper to taste
Chilli Chicken Ramen
1. Put peanut oil into already hot frypan.
2. Add shallots and stir gently until soft.
3. Add garlic, ginger, carrots and chilli/s and stir.
4. When the vegetables have softened slightly, transfer to a saucepan and add stock, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and salt and pepper.
5. Stir and let it slow simmer for 15-20 minutes.
6. Strain the broth, discarding the solids.
7. Poach the chicken in broth for 15 minutes, the broth should only reach a gentle simmer.
8. When chicken is poached remove it from the broth and put it aside to rest.
9. Bring the broth to the boil and put in the Hakubaku Ramen noodles for 4 minutes.
10. Slice the chicken.
11. Spoon the noodles and the broth into bowls, place the sliced chicken, cucumber, capsicum, spring onion and coriander on top and drizzle with chilli oil.