Chilli, Beef & Corriander Udon
SERVES: 2 DIFFICULTY: Easy
Take the basics in the right portions and you can’t go wrong! Delicious dinner for two
270g Hakubaku Organic Udon noodles
350g sirloin steak
1 litre beef or vegetable stock
4 spring onions, sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
0.5 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 lime, quartered
8 corriander sprigs
2 tbs each chilli sauce and sweet chilli sauce
5 tbs fish sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 tbs malt vinegar
1.Disolve vinegar in a pan over heat, allow to cool and stir in chilli sauce, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and sugar until combined.
2. Blanch beansprouts in boiling water for 10 seconds. Drain, reserving the water and refresh beansprouts with cold water.
3. Cook udon noodles in reserved boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender and refresh under cold running water.
4. Heat frying pan until it is very hot, lightly coat the sirloin steak in oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
5. Remove steak and brush with teriyaki sauce, wrap in aliminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.
6. Divide noodles between two bowls, add onion, beansprouts, chilli, corriander and 2 wedges of lime. Cut beef into strips and add.
7. Heat stock and stir in the chilli-vinegar sauce mix.
8. Pour stock into bowls and serve.