Chilled Shabu-Shabu Pork with Chasoba and Sesame miso sauce
SERVES: 2 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
Sesame is the flavour of the day here
- 200 g Hakubaku Organic Chasoba
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 6 mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 170 g thinly sliced pork loin
- 1 Tbsp sake
- Edamame (optional)
Sesame Miso Sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp sake
- ½tsp sesame oil
- 80 ml mentsuyu (soup base)
To Make Sesame Miso Sauce
- Place grated ginger, miso paste, sugar, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Grind sesame seeds in pestle and mortar and add to bowl.
- Stir in the mentsuyu and whisk all together. Place in the fridge to chill until serving time.
To Make the Shabu-Shabu Pork
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add sake.
- Cut pork slices into smaller pieces. Place thinly sliced pork into the boiling water, in small batches to avoid clumping, until no longer pink (10 to 30 seconds).
- Once pork is cooked, remove from pot and place in an ice bath.
- Slice cucumber thinly and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- When pork slices are chilled, place on the serving plate with cucumber and tomatoes.
- Prepare Chasoba as per the packet instructions. Drain, rinse and drain again.5.
- Serve the noodles on a plate and put the sauce in a small bowl.
Dip shabu-shabu pork, cucumber, tomatoes and Chasoba in the sauce to enjoy!