SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Medium COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
Looks amazing and tastes amazing!
- Large thumb of ginger
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chilli oil
- 4 tsp Miso paste (1 for each bowl)
- 1tsp Kewpie Roasted Sesame Dressing
- 4 Eggs
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 4 Chicken breasts
- Bok Choy
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- In a pot, boil water and a splash of vinegar. Once water is boiled add in eggs and cook for 6-7 minutes depending on how much you like your yolk cooked. Place eggs in an ice bath then peel once cooled.
- Cook the ramen to packet instructions, drain, rinse and set aside.
- To make the broth, in a pot add the ginger, garlic cloves, 1/2 the bunch of spring onions chopped into 5cm lengths, sliced carrots, rice wine vinegar, tamari and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the broth is simmering, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and coat with the Chinese 5 spice, garlic and onion powders. In a hot fry-pan add some oil and cook the chicken. Once chicken is cooked slice and set aside. Char some boy Choy in the same pan and set aside. In a heat proof bowl, add the corn and top with boiling water and drain just before serving.
- Assemble – add the miso paste and Roasted Sesame Dressing to the bottom of each bowl and add a ladle of broth and mix until the miso is dissolved. Place the ramen noodles at the bottom of the bowls. Then top up with broth. Place the sliced chicken, soft boiled egg, spring onions, corn and coriander on top. Finish with a drizzle of sesame oil, chilli sauce/oil.