Chicken Ramen Soup
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy
A chicken soup that chock-full of all that is good, including Bok Choy!
270g Hakubaku Organic Ramen noodles
3 sprigs eschallots
2 garlic cloves
440g can creamed corn
1 cup shitaki mushrooms
1 bunch bok choy
2 carrots, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1 pinch ginger, fresh
2 eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop up chicken and, carrots, ginger, onion, and lightly fry in a pan to soften and to brown the chicken. Add finely sliced garlic
2. Using a large saucepan put the stock in over a medium heat.
3.Add the chicken, carrot, ginger. onion and garlic to the stock.
4.Let it come to the boil and simmer for 10/15 minutes ensuring the chicken is cooked.
5. While the stock is boiling chop up eshallots and bok choy. Set aside
6 Add the creamed corn stirring well
7.Add the Ramen noodles into the pot, (they will cook in the simmering stock in approx 7 minutes.
8.In a small dish cover the dried shitake mushrooms in warm water to soften.
9.once soft add the mushrooms to the soup.
10. add the whisked egg, bok choy and eshallots to the pot,
11. Your soup is ready when the boy choy is slightly soft!