Chicken & Corn Soup
SERVES: DIFFICULTY: Easy COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
Chicken and corn go so well together
- 90g (1 bundle) Hakubaku Organic Somen noodles
- 750ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 500ml water
- 2 tbsp sherry, dry
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 150g snow peas or snap peas, trimmed and sliced
- corn kernels off one cob or one small can of baby corn
- 4 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Place the chicken stock, water, ginger, sherry and soy sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and poach for 10-12 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and slice or shred the chicken. Set aside.
- Prepare Somen as per packet instructions. Drain, rinse and drain again. Set aside.
- To the broth, add carrot, corn and half the green onion and cook for 2 minute or until just tender. Add snow peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove broth from heat. Refresh noodles in boiling water and drain again.
- Place Somen in a bowl, ladle the soup over the noodles and top with a drizzle of sesame oil and the remaining green onions.