180g Hakubaku Organic Soba noodles
1 onion, cut finely
600g chicken, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tspn ginger, finely grated
1 sachet Dashi stock powder (or one cube)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
100g sugar snap peas
100g baby spinach leaves
3 eggs, lightly beaten
Chicken and Noodle Hot Pot – Winter 2012 Merit
1. Finely slice onion and cook in non-stick fry pan using a light spray of oil.
2. When soft add chicken slices and cook until browned.
3. Add garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant.
4. Dissolve Dashi in 1 cup boiling water. Add Dashi, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce and cover. Gently simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Cook Habubaku organic Soba noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes.
6. Steam Sugar snap peas over the top for final minute or according to texture preference.
7. Add spinach to chicken and stir until wilted.
8. Add beaten egg mixture and allow to cook, without stirring, until just set.
9. Place noodles, chicken and sugar snap peas in a bowl