Chasoba noodles with Beef & Tomato
SERVES: 6 DIFFICULTY: Easy
Dainty Chasoba with hearty steak and tomatoes. It works, you know!
340g steak, thin
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup beef broth
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
2 packets Hakubaku Organic Chasoba noodles
1 tsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 green onions, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
1. Trim fat from steak, and cut diagonally across grain into thin slices.
2. Place the steak and teriyaki sauce in a large zip-lock bag (or in a bowl with a cover). Toss well to coat and marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes.
3. In a jar or small bowl, mix together beef broth, soy sauce and sugar; set aside.
4. Cook noodles in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain noodles, and keep warm.
5. Remove steak from bag, discard the marinade. Heat sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Add garlic and green onions; sauté for 30 seconds. Add steak and stir fry just until steak loses its pink colour (do not overcook). Remove steak from pan, and keep warm.
7. Add soy sauce mixture and tomatoes to skillet and stir well. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Stir in steak and cook just until thoroughly heated.
9. In a large bowl, combine beef mixture and noodles. Serve immediately.