Simple Tuna Udon
SERVES: 4 DIFFICULTY: Easy COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
The name says it all – very simple (and delicious too!)
- 270 g Hakubaku Organic Udon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp white miso
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 g hiratake (oyster) mushrooms
- 450 g tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- Sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- beni shoga
- wakame, soaked and drained
- Prepare Udon as per packet directions. Drain, rinse and drain again. Set aside.
- Mix soy sauce, mirin, rice wine vinegar and miso in a small bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan on medium – high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add udon and sauce mixture to the pan, stirring to coat the udon. Cook gently for 1 minute
- Add spinach and stir through for 1 minute. Add flaked tuna and heat through.
- Divide between four bowls and drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Add beni shoga and wakame and serve.