270g Hakubaku Organic Ramen noodles
250g pork fillet or chicken breast, finely sliced
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
1 star anise
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp garlic oil
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 litre chicken stock
generous handful pak choy, torn up into pieces
Ramen Noodle Soup – Autumn 2012 Merit
1. Marinate the meat in a bowl with lime juice, soy, star anise and fish sauce (do it only a few minutes before cooking, or lime juice will start to cook the meat)
2. Cook the noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes, refresh and set aside.
3. Heat wok and add garlic oil, fry the spring onions and ginger for a couple of minutes, add the meat and the marinating liquids, and stir (remove star anise now or later depending on taste).
4. Cook the meat for 2 minutes, heat the stock in microwave and add to the wok and bring to the boil.
5. Once meat is cooked through (won’t take very long), add asian greens, then arrange noodles in a soup bowl, pour meat, greens and liquid over the noodles and serve.