Ingredients card / Shopping list
200g Hakubaku Organic Cha Soba noodles
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 dried honey date
1 red onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5cm ginger piece, grated
2 cups vegetable stock
4 x 100g boneless white fish pieces
1 bunch water cress, trimmed, washed
2 green onions, thinly sliced
soy with sliced chilli, to serve
Recipe By: Hakubaku
Serves 4 adultsIntroduction
Delicate greens from the watercress and the Cha Soba - a delight.
1. Prepare noodles as per packet instructions and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan on medium. Saute onion 2-3 minutes. Add chopped date and saute for a further 2-3 minutes.
2. Add garlic and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds. Add stock and bring to boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan on high. Season fish and fry3-4 minutes on each side until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Add watercress to stock. Divide noodles between four bowls, ladle soup into bowls and top with fish, green onions and chilli sauce.