Ingredients card / Shopping list
I packet Hakubaku organic Soba
2 pieces of skinless Salmon fillet
2 tbs Teriyaki sauce
1 cup shelled Edamame (if frozen thaw beforehand)
2 tbs sesame seeds (toasted lightly in a pan)
Optional any additional green veg like bok choy or broccoli.
3 cups of dashi ( I used instant)
1 small piece of kombu
1 tbs Soy
1 tbs Mirin
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tbs grated or finely chopped ginger
Serves 2 adultsIntroduction
Sometimes a picture is all you need to make you want to try a new recipe
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Prepare the salmon by creating an aluminium foil pouch lined with a piece of baking paper, place salmon on baking paper and put 1 tablespoon of Teriyaki sauce on each fillet. Seal pouch and cook for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the fillet.
3. Add the dashi to a saucepan with the kombu, bring to the boil. Once boiled remove kombu and lower the heat to a simmer, then add Soy, Mirin, Sake, garlic and ginger and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add green veg to broth to lightly cook as still want texture in the veg. roughly 5 minutes for edamame.
5. Toast sesame seeds in a pot or pan on low heat till seeds are slightly golden, remove from pan and allow to cool.
6. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, cooking noodles as per packet directions making sure to rinse well in cold water after cooking.
7. Finely slice shallots.
8. Divide Soba noodles between two bowls, carefully ladle broth and vegetable over Soba. Place cooked Salmon on top of noodles and sprinkle over shallots and sesame seeds.
Serve and enjoy.