Ingredients card / Shopping list
1 x bunch broccolini, cut into 3-4 cm lengths
150 g sugar snaps, trimmed
Grape seed oil, for shallow frying
250 g firm tofu, cut into 2 cm cubes
270 g Hakubaku Organic Udon Noodles
2 small pears, baton-cut, in water & lemon juice to prevent browning
10 g chives, cut into 2 cm batons
3 tbsps white miso paste
2 tbsps rice vinegar
2 tbsps mirin
1 tbsp honey
½ tbsp ginger, grated
Recipe By: Hakubaku
Serves 4 adultsIntroduction
Fresh with a touch of fried - delicious!
Prep Time 20 mins Cook Time 20 mins
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add broccolini & sugar snaps, cook for 1 min,
until bright green. Transfer to a large bowl of ice water to refresh. Once cooled drain in a
2. Pour enough oil into a medium frying-pan to fill 1 cm deep. Heat over medium-high heat,
until hot enough for a piece of tofu to golden brown in 20-30 secs. Fry tofu in batches, until
golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
3. Miso dressing: whisk all the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
4. Prepare udon as per pack instructions.
5. Drain the pear from the water & place into a large mixing bowl. Add the udon, broccolini,
sugar snaps, fried tofu & chives.
6. Mix through the miso dressing & serve on a large platter or in a large bowl. Garnish with
sesame seeds & togarashi, if desired.